Doing Business in China Programme(May 2018) will be organized at Guanghua School of Management, Peking University from May 27 – June 9, 2018.
About the Programme
The aim of this programme is to give an overview of doing business in China, including an introduction to the Chinese economy, history and culture. Through this programme, students can access to the high quality faculty and well-designed programme of lectures, case studies and company visits; understand the driving force of China’s economic growth over the last 30 years and the future; appreciate the uniqueness of the Chinese market, organizations, and social structure; learn how firms conduct marketing, branding, human resource and strategic management in China; and identify business opportunities in China. The programme comprises formal classroom lectures, company visits and cultural tour. Apart from staying at Beijing, students will spend the 2nd half of the programme at Xian.
Lectures will cover the following topics:
- Understanding China’s Economic Growth
- China: Historical Legacy and Current Institutional Context
- The Belt and Road Initiative
Students participate in this programme will be enrolled in a PKU course “Doing Business in China”, which is equivalent to STRA3706 China Business Environment (6 credits) in HKU. Students who have successfully completed this course at PKU will have 6 HKU credits being transferred back. Please note that only the credits will be transferred back but not the grade. In other words, the grade obtained from this course WILL NOT be counted towards your CGPA.
FBE UG Year 1 to 3 students
*Priority will be given to students who have never joined any China programmes as offered by the Faculty before.
**The programme will be conducted in English.
Items to be paid by students:
- Flight tickets between Hong Kong and Beijing
- Optional Travel insurance (All HKU students will be covered by the Corporate Business Travel Insurance as arranged by the University. Students may purchase an additional insurance plan if you want to extend the coverage during your stay in Beijing.)
- China visa (if you need a visa to travel to Mainland China)
Items to be covered by the programme:
- Tuition fee
- Cultural Tours
Interested students please submit an online application form here.
In the online application, please upload the following documents:
- Passport-size photo
- Copy of Mainland Entry Permit (回鄉卡) / Passport
- Most updated CV
- 300-word essay on “Why are you interested in joining China Study Programme?”
Application Deadline: 9:00am, February 5, 2018 (Monday)
Selected students are required to pay a deposit of HK$3,000 which will be refunded upon completion of the programme.