China’s economic growth impresses the rest of the World. This programme offers a precious opportunity for students to have a glimpse of today’s China and its economic development through a series of workshops and site visits.
- To enhance students’ understanding of the social, political and economic development in the Mainland China
- To allow students gain all-rounded perspectives on the business culture and practices in China through a series of workshops and site visits
Date: 23-30 December 2014
Accommodation: Sun Yat-sen University Kai Feng Hotel
Topics of workshops include
- Pearl River Delta economic integration and co-operation between Guangdong and Hong Kong
- Chinese contemporary political and economic development
- Economic crisis and financial bubble
- Guangzhou development forum: understanding social change in Mainland China from the perspective of rural reconstruction
The Study Tour includes visits to the Pearl River, Foshan, Nansha, Yongxing, Whampoa Military Academy, Guangzhou Higher Education Mega Center and other cultural and historical sites. All activities will be conducted in Mandarin.
(The itinerary is subject to fine-tuning)
All programme fees will be sponsored by the organisers. A refundable deposit of HK$1,000 has to be paid by student participants. The deposit will be refunded to students, upon completion of the programme, including a submission of an essay written in Chinese and English.
9:00 a.m. 7 November 2014 (Friday) – 5:00 p.m.17 November 2014 (Monday)
- All FBE students
- Students with the following attributes:
- Passion to understand China and interested to work in China in future;
- Open and critical mindset;
- Basic level of Mandarin and Cantonese
*Shortlisted students will be invited to the group interview held in late November.
Post-event Sharing from Student Participants of 2013
“The tour was indeed interesting, well-organised and inspiring. I enjoyed every second of it! It was an unforgettable and wonderful way to spend my Christmas holiday.”
- Miss Chen Hoi-kei, a BBA(Law) Year 3 student
“The study tour is a good opportunity for me to learn from those renowned professors who is teaching at Sun Yat-Sen University with unbelievably deep understanding towards China economy. Through interactions with those successful entrepreneurs and university professors, I learnt more about the economic, social and political environment of China.”
- Mr. Ho Long-hei Samson, a BBA(Acc&Fin) Year 1 student
“I strongly believe that joining the Study Tour is a valuable opportunity to learn and experience the economic development of China. It would definitely enhance my career in future.”
- Mr. Hui Chun-cheung, a BEcon&Fin Year 3 student
“Throughout the eight days of Guangzhou trip, proudly I would say that it was indeed a fruitful and satisfying trip in terms of hospitality, accommodation, activities, lectures being perfectly arranged, not forgetting all the fun and laughters I have had with the elite students of HKU as well as the Sun Yat-Sen University students.”
- Mr. NG Chong-sheng, a BEcon&Fin Year 2 student