The HKU Business School Mentorship Programme aims to provide a platform for students to enhance their transferable skills and professional knowledge through one-on-one interaction with mentors. Mentors and mentees are free to arrange their own activities or meetings anytime at their convenience.
Through the HKU Business School Mentorship Programme, mentees can extend their business and personal network, understand the expectation of potential employers, develop essential skills employers look for, and learn from the achievements and experience of seasoned professionals.
October 2022 - August 2023
All non-first year HKU Business School students in the academic year 2022-23
|Event||Date and Time|
12:00 noon, July 22, 2022 (Friday)
Selection Result Announcement
Inauguration Ceremony (Mandatory)
Late October/Early November 2022 (exact date TBC)
Note: The Mentorship Programme will be inaugurated in late October or early November 2022. Students must be physically present in Hong Kong till the end of the first semester 2022-23 as a commitment to the Programme.
Interested students, please put in an application via the LINK.
Deadline: 12:00 noon, July 22, 2022 (Friday)
Late application will NOT be accepted.
[Note: For mentees in 2021-22, you are required to submit an application again if you are interested in joining us this year.]
All interested students are required to complete the follows:
- Complete and submit the application form by the indicated deadline.
- You will be asked to upload the following documents through the application form:
- Most updated CV (will be shared with your mentor if you have been selected)
- A one-page motivational essay on “Why are you interested in the Mentorship Programme? What do you intend to accomplish through the Programme?”
- A 3-minute video in English for the following questions:
- Imagine that it is the first time you meet with your mentor. Please use up to 1.5 minutes to do a self-introduction, briefly introduce yourself, and let him/her know your key reasons for joining this mentorship programme.
- Please use up to 1.5 minutes to suggest what you can offer to your mentor as a representative of the HKU Business School student to let him/her know more about HKU Business School.
Selection will be done based on the information you submitted through the application form, the CV, motivational essay and the video. Applicants who failed to upload the required documents through the application form will not be considered.
Please contact Mr Rodger So at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (852) 3917 5343.