An exciting Mainland learning opportunity is now available for you!
The China Business and Economics Programme will be organized at Fudan University, Shanghai in virtual format in two sessions.
Oct 2022 Session: 8 Oct to 16 Oct 2022
Dec 2022 Session: 26 Dec 2022 to 8 Jan 2023
About the Programme
The China Business and Economics Programme is a credit-bearing study programme open to all HKU Business School Undergraduate students. You may choose to join either the 9-day programme for Oct 2022 Session or the 14-day programme for Dec 2022 Session. The programme aims to enhance students’ understanding of China's business and economics.
Participants will enroll in a 6-credit HKU course – FBEC2002 Field Experience in Chinese Economy: Implications for Global Business. Aside from formal lectures being conducted at Fudan University virtually, the programme provides an opportunity for students to learn about the leading enterprises of diverse industries such as finance, tourism, manufacturing, IT and creative industries. Similar to other HKU courses, students are required to complete the course work via the final essay and group presentations as assigned by the lecturer in order to receive a grade as well as credits. This course will be counted as a free elective course. The credits of the Oct 2022 Session will be counted for Semester 1 of 2022-23 while the Dec 2022 Session will be counted for Semester 2 of 2022-23.
All HKU Business School UG students
*Priority will be given to students who havs NEVER joined any China programmes as offered by the School before.
**The programme will be conducted in English. Students of all nationality are welcome to apply.
Since the programme will be conducted virtually, participants are not required to pay any fees. The following items will be covered by the School:
- Tuition fees
- Technical support for virtual lectures and/or activities
Interested students should submit an online application here: https://hku.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a4YiYXsdSUiwKdE
In the online application, please upload the following documents:
1) A passport-size photo
2) A copy of Mainland Entry Permit (回鄉卡)(for Hong Kong residents) / Passport (for overseas residents) / Mainland ID Card and Passport (for China residents)
3) An updated CV
4) A 300-word essay on “Why are you interested in joining “China Business and Economics Programme”?”
1 September 2022 (Thursday) HKT 23:59
Selected students are required to pay a deposit of HK$3,000 which is refunded upon completion of the programme. Students who would like to apply for absence/ sick leave are required to provide valid proof/justification, e.g. medical certificate for sick leave, supporting email, course/examination schedule for time clashing with examination/lectures etc. The deposit will NOT be refunded should students fail to meet the FULL attendance requirements.
1)Students who take part in the programme must be a regular registered student of HKU in Semester 1 or Semester 2 of 2022-23 who will NOT be on Exchange/Leave of Absent in semester 1 or Semester 2.
2) Student cannot take more than 36 credits in each regular semester or 72 credits in the whole academic year. Since the credits of this course will be counted towards Semester 1 (Oct 2022 Session) or Semester 2 of 2022-23 (Dec 2022 Session), in case if the selected student has already planned to enroll in more than 36 credits in Semester 1 or Semester 2 of 2022-23, he/she is required to apply for credit overload once the programme offer is released. There is a risk that the application for credit overload will be disapproved and the student needs to be responsible for the consequences that may arise. (Please note that this does not apply to BBA(Law) & LLB students as request of credit overload for these students will NOT be approved and no exceptional case will be granted).
3) HKU Business School, The University of Hong Kong and Fudan University reserve the right to cancel the programme should there be insufficient enrollment or any unforeseen circumstances. Students are required to bear all the consequences that may arise.
In case the programme is cancelled, students will be notified by email as soon as possible and the paid deposit will be refunded back.