An exciting Mainland learning opportunity is now available for you!
China Business and Economics Programme (January 2019) will be organized at Fudan University, Shanghai from January 2 – 13, 2019.
About the Programme
China Business and Economics Programme (January 2019) is supported by the Ministry of Education of Mainland China. It is a credit-bearing study programme open to all FBE UG students. The programme aims to enhance students’ understanding of China business and economy by providing first-hand experience through living and learning in Shanghai.
Participants will enroll in a 6-credit HKU course. Aside from formal lectures which will be conducted in Fudan University, the programme includes site visits to leading enterprises of industries such as finance, tourism, manufacturing, IT and creative industries. There will also be guest talks by alumni, scholars and business leaders. Similar as other HKU courses, students are required to complete the course work as assigned by the lecturer, group presentations, individual term paper and examinations in order to receive a grade as well as credits. This course will be counted as free elective for Semester 2 of 2018-19 which will be used to fulfill part of your graduation requirements.
We believe that direct experience in the major business center of the fastest growing economy in the world will be beneficial to your learning and career. You are strongly encouraged to grab this valuable opportunity to enrich your knowledge and understanding of business in China.
All FBE UG students
*Priority will be given to students who have NEVER joined any China programmes as offered by the Faculty before.
**The programme will be conducted in English. Students of all nationality are welcome to apply.
January 2 – 13, 2019
Items to be paid by students:
- Flight tickets between Hong Kong and Shanghai
- Travel insurance (HKU will provide basic overseas travel insurance to participants. Nonetheless, participants are strongly recommended to make extra travel insurance arrangement according to individual needs.)
- Visa application fee (Non-local participants (except participants from Mainland China) may be required to apply a travelling visa for entering Shanghai.)
- Entertainment expenses
Items to be covered by the programme:
- Tuition fee
- Accommodation in Shanghai
- Some of the meals in Shanghai
- Local transportation for programme events
Interested students please submit an online application HERE.
In the online application, please upload the following documents:
- Passport-size photo
- Copy of Mainland Entry Permit (回鄉卡) (for Hong Kong residents) / Passport (for non-Hong Kong residents)
- Most updated CV
- 300-word essay on “Why are you interested in joining China Study Programme?”
10:00 a.m., November 2, 2018 (Friday)
Selected students are required to pay a deposit of HK$3,000 which will be refunded upon completion of the programme.
1) Students who take part in the programme must be a regular registered student of HKU in the academic year of 2018-19 who will NOT be on Exchange/Leave of Absence throughout the entire semester.
2) Students cannot take more than 36 credits in each regular semester. Since the credits of this course will be counted towards Semester 2 of 2018-19, in case if the selected student plans to enroll in more than 36 credits in Semester 2 of 2018-19, he/she is required to apply for credit overload. There is a risk that the application for credit overload will be disapproved and the student needs to be responsible for the consequences that may arise (Please note that this does not apply to BBA(Law) & LLB students as request of credit overload for these
students will NOT be approved and no exceptional case will be granted).
A series of Mainland Programmes which takes place in Beijing, Hangzhou and Shanghai will be arranged during the Summer Break in the academic year of 2018-19. Please stay tuned with us and keep an eye on our email announcements.