Doing Business in China Programme 2020-21 will be organized by the Guanghua School of Management, Peking University from March 5 - 14, 2021 in virtual format.
About the Programme
The aim of this programme is to give an overview of doing business in China, including an introduction to the Chinese economy, history and culture. Through this programme, students can gain valuable insight through a well-designed programme of lectures, guest talks, group work and networking events with students from Peking University. All of these events will be conducted virtually.
Lectures will cover the following topics:
- China: Social Structure, Cultural Norms, & Business Practices
- Chinese Law and Economic Reform
- Demographics and Long-run Economic Growth: The Case of China
- Marketing Communications Using Digital Media Channels
- Real Estate Economics and Finance in China
Students participate in this programme will be enrolled in a PKU course “Doing Business in China”, which can be regarded as an elective course in HKU. Students who have successfully completed this PKU course will have 6 HKU credits being transferred back. Please note that only the credits will be transferred back but not the grade. In other words, the grade obtained from this course WILL NOT be counted towards your CGPA.
All Business School Undergraduate Students
*Priority will be given to students who have NEVER joined any China programmes as offered by the School before.
**The programme will be conducted in English.
Since the programme will be conducted virtually, participants are not required to pay any fees. The following items will be covered by the School:
- Tuition fees
- Technical support for virtual lectures and/or talks
- Student registration fee at Peking University
Interested students please submit an online application HERE.
In the online application, please upload the following documents:
- Passport-size photo
- Copy of Mainland Entry Permit (回鄉卡) (for Hong Kong / Macau residents) / Passport (for non-Hong Kong residents)
- Most updated CV
- 300-word essay on “Why are you interested in joining “Doing Business in China” Programme?”
9:00 a.m. on January 25, 2021 (Monday)
Selected students are required to pay a deposit of HK$2,000 which will be refunded upon completion of the programme.
1) Students who take part in the programme must be a regular registered student of HKU in Semester 2 of 2020-21 who will NOT be on Exchange/Leave of Absence throughout the entire semester.
2) Students cannot take more than 36 credits in each regular semester. Since the credits of this course will be counted towards Semester 2 of 2020-21, in case if the selected student plans to enroll in more than 36 credits in Semester 2 of 2020-21, he/she is required to apply for credit overload. There is a risk that the application for credit overload will be disapproved and the student needs to be responsible for the consequences that may arise (Please note that this does not apply to BBA(Law) & LLB students as request of credit overload for these students will NOT be approved and no exceptional case will be granted).
3) The HKU Business School, The University of Hong Kong and Guanghua School of Business, Peking University reserve the right to cancel the programme should there be insufficient enrollment or any unforeseen circumstances. Students are required to bear all the consequences that may arise.