Doing Business in China Programme(May 2019) will be organized at Guanghua School of Management, Peking University from May 26 - June 8, 2019.
About the Programme
The aim of this programme is to give an overview of doing business in China, including an introduction to the Chinese economy, history and culture. Through this programme, students can access to the high quality faculty and well-designed programme of lectures, case studies and company visits; understand the driving force of China’s economic growth over the last 30 years and the future; appreciate the uniqueness of the Chinese market, organizations, and social structure; learn how firms conduct marketing, branding, human resource and strategic management in China; and identify business opportunities in China. The programme comprises formal classroom lectures, company visits and cultural tour. Apart from staying at Beijing, students will spend the half of the programme at Xi'an.
Lectures will cover the following topics:
- China: Historical Legacy and Current Institutional Context
- Business Practices in Cultural and Social Context
- Economic Achievements, Challenges and Opportunities
- Marketing and Strategy
Students participate in this programme will be enrolled in a PKU course “Doing Business in China”, which can be regarded as an elective course in HKU. Students who have successfully completed this course at PKU will have 6 HKU credits being transferred back. Please note that only the credits will be transferred back but not the grade. In other words, the grade obtained from this course WILL NOT be counted towards your CGPA.
FBE UG Year 1 to 3 students who have never joined DBIC programme before.
*Priority will be given to students who have NEVER joined any China programmes as offered by the Faculty before.
**The programme will be conducted in Mandarin.
Items to be paid by students:
- Round trip flight tickets
- Travel insurance (HKU will provide basic overseas travel insurance to participants. Nonetheless, participants are strongly recommended to make extra travel insurance arrangement according to individual needs.)
- Visa application fee (Non-local participants (except participants from Mainland China) may be required to apply a travelling visa for entering Beijing.)
Items to be covered by the programme:
- Tuition fee
- Some of the meals in Beijing and Xi'an
- Transportation between Beijing and Xi'an
- Local transportation for programme events
- Firm Visits
Interested students please submit an online application HERE.
In the online application, please upload the following documents:
- Passport-size photo
- Copy of Mainland Entry Permit (回鄉卡) (for Hong Kong residents) / Passport (for non-Hong Kong residents)
- Most updated CV
- 300-word essay on “Why are you interested in joining China Study Programme?”
12:00 noon, February 20, 2019 (Wednesday)
Selected students are required to pay a deposit of HK$3,000 which will be refunded upon completion of the programme.
1) Students who take part in the programme must be a regular student who has already paid full HKU tuition fee in Semester 2 of 2018-19.
2) Students who are currently on exchange in Semester 2 of 2018-19 is fully responsible to make sure that no academic work schedule (such as examinations, presentations, course assignments, projects, etc.) in your exchange institution will have time clash with the China Study programmes. The Faculty will ask for written document proof in due course.
3) Student cannot take more than 72 credits in the academic year of 2018-19 (including summer semester) or more than 12 credits in summer semester. In case if the selected student plans to enroll in more than 72 credits throughout the entire academic year or 12 credits in summer semester, he/she is required to apply for credit overload. There is a risk that the application for credit overload will be disapproved and the student needs to be responsible for the consequences that may arise (Please note that this does not apply to BBA(Law) & LLB students as request of credit overload for these students will NOT be approved and no exceptional case will be granted).